Tuesday 18 March 2014

Tuna Nicoise style Lazy lunch salad






























 I felt a lazy lunch coming on. With a gale blowing outside in the garden, I started to fantasise about summertime and and yearn for my salads.  Although the days of eating raw seem lost in a distant dream, I thought I'd just grab a little piece of summer here. 


Just before I snuggle up with the Grumpy Greek, a roaring fire and five extremely content cats. Yes, you heard correctly, five cats, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Milo, Archie, Winnie Wheeze and Puff Diddy, I opened the fridge and this is what leapt out at me.


First of all the loin of tuna I had bought had been quite large, so I kept a piece which I had cooked it thoroughly. Thus, this salad Nicoise kinda salad appeared.  Enjoy x


Ingredients
Tinned or fresh tuna 
1 Bunch of asparagus
4 hard boiled eggs cut in quarters
Salad leaves of your choice (I've used purple little gems)
1/2 a packet cherry tomatoes (roasted for 10 mins with olive oil, s&p)
1/2 a red pepper
1 small pkt mange tout
10 cooked new potatoes cut in half and skin left on
1 tin of anchovies
1/2 a lemon
olive oil
balsamic


Dressing
2 Tbsp good quality white wine vinegar
4 Tbsp good quality olive oil
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 crushed clove garlic
Put all the dressing ingredients  in a cup and stir briskly until combined, alternatively shake in a jam jar.


Method

1. Coat asparagus in olive oil and season well, place on an extremely hot griddle for 10 mins turning occasionally, remove from griddle and squeeze with 1/2 a lemon whilst warm.

2. Roast cherry tomatoes for 10 mins with olive oil, s&p at 200c


3. Boil eggs for 10 mins.


4. Arrange all the above on a plate and drizzle with dressing.








2 comments: